Elected officials need to hear your voice!
We urge you to contact your congressional representatives immediately to insist that Congress not lift sanctions against Iran but rather impose stricter sanctions.
Background: Negotiations between the US and its partners and Iran are scheduled to finalize a deal regarding Iran's nuclear program on March 24, 2015.
This extension enables Iran to buy more time to pursue its nuclear ambitions. There is great concern that there will either be a weak agreement or a breakdown in negotiations. If the agreement is weak, or if there is a breakdown in negotiations, the U.S. Congress represents the only possible hope that Iran will not achieve its nuclear ambition. Congress has the power to keep or increase the sanctions.
Congress must hear your voice!
- Urge Congress to oppose lifting sanctions and instead impose stricter sanctions until Iran agrees to dismantle its nuclear program and has no ability to build a nuclear weapon.
- Urge Congress to support the Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act of 2013 (Menendez-Kirk Bill) for stricter sanctions if the agreement is weak or if talks break down.
- Remind Congress that it has the constitutional power to stop Iran by refusing to reduce sanctions and by strengthening them!
See What a Nuke Will Do In Your City
This map shows the damage caused by a nuclear explosion.
- Enter location (City, State or Zip Code) in the search area box below.
- Select a weapon from the weapon selector box.
- Click the "Thermal", or "Pressure" buttons to view the area effected and damage caused by the explosion.
Prevent Iran From Becoming a Threshold Nuclear Weapons State